If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.
We are seeking inspired and AMI Montessori educators to join our team and provide a top quality education for all of our students. Whether you are starting your teaching career or are looking to launch a new chapter, your passion and experience will be deeply valued and your opportunities for growth and impact will be limitless. Your natural talents will be fostered and we will provide the training and support to help you be an incredibly effective teacher. You will be trusted to make decisions and held accountable for critical results. You will engage in a positive and professional workplace embedded in a warm, joyful, student-centered, and welcoming school culture.
Come join our team at International Montessori School in Auburn, GA!
To work as a Montessori teacher, one needs to possess a high level of patience and the knack for handling difficult-to-manage children.
Teachers catering to students’ needs in a Montessori need to ensure that they develop and maintain a nurturing environment that fosters both creativity and independence.
• Promote the Montessori’s vision and objectives by creating an appropriate curriculum
• Develop interdisciplinary instructional units in order to meet the individual needs of students
• Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and coordinators to handle curriculum integration and implementation
• Work with individual students to gauge abilities and work towards catering to these abilities
• Use various assessment tools to evaluate each student’s capabilities within the classroom
• Prepare an environment conducive to learning and social and academic development
• Maintain a classroom environment by ensuring that appropriate behavior rules are followed and the lesson plan is followed
• Ensure the availability of materials and resources needed to further educational programs
• Demonstrate rapport with students by ensuring kindness and respect for each student
• Handle conflict management by employing tactics to ward off problems
• Report discipline concerns that may be beyond classroom tactics to the school head
• Ensure the safety and emotional security of students and ensure that the physical environment of the classroom is under health and security directives of the school
• Establish a positive relationship with parents by providing regular and positive communication
• Timely create progress reports of each student
• Develop and participate in school functions such as orientations, projects, and carnivals
• Train teacher assistants in order to make sure that they are ready to perform in their roles
• Maintain classroom supplies inventory and stock
• Complete and maintain student records in the school’s database
• Ensure the privacy of student information
• Participate in interview processes for hiring new teachers